FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Sunday, March 22nd, 2020
STANTON, IA – In keeping with the directives from the State of Iowa and the federal government concerning the Covid-19 virus, The City of Stanton will proceed with the following:
- Close it’s facilities to the public to protect our employees until further notice including City Hall, Community Room, Maintenance Shed and Stanton Viking Center
- In the event of needing city utility services that are essential or emergency in nature, limit contact and respect social distance of employees
To contact the city clerk, please call 829-2212.
To contact water/sewer/streets, please call 829-2613.
As a friendly reminder, do your part to slow the spread of the Coronavirus.
- Work or engage in schooling from home whenever possible.
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10.
- Avoid eating or drinking at bars, restaurants, and food courts.
- Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips, and social visits.
- Do not visit nursing homes or retirement or long-term facilities.
Practice good hygiene:
- Wash your hands, especially after touching any frequently used item or surface.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
For more information, check out the Iowa Department of Public Health Website at idph.ia.gov.
Stanton Community Development Director